Scheduling a Distinguished Lecturer
There are two ways that a DL visit can be arranged:
- If the DL has a scheduled visit to a particular area then the local chapters will be offered a chance to organize a DL talk for their members. The DL Coordinator will contact the chapter directly concerning the dates, time, name of DL and other details. Chapters will indicate whether they are interested in such a talk. Once the arrangement has been finalized, the chapter and DL will discuss directly with each other the final details of the visit.
- A chapter can contact the DL Coordinator with a short list of DLs and the DL coordinator will contact the DLs concerned and determine which one is available near the time and date suggested by the chapter. Once the arrangement has been finalized, the chapter and DL will discuss directly with each other the final details of the visit.
Scheduling a Distinguished Lecturer organized by the Chapter
Review lecturer list below, then contact the DL Program Coordinator to arrange for the engagement. The Coordinator will review the DSL’s schedule and see if it can be arranged. Please indicate the
- Proposed date, time, and location of the engagement.
- Name and affiliation of benefiting organization
- Estimated audience size and type (engineers? students?)
- Topic lecturer will present (Taken from those listed against the DL’s name below)
- Discuss what logistical needs can be provided by benefiting organization (e.g., ground transportation, some meals, handout copying, other shared expenses, etc.)
- Selection of Distinguished Lecturers
If you are interested in one of the lectures, plese send the details to the DL Program Coordinator, Robin Bradbeer.