IEEE Spectrum Consumer Electronics News
- The Diversity and Unification of the Engineered World
- How YouTube Paved the Way for Google's Stadia Cloud Gaming Service
- MicroLED Displays Could Show Up in Products as Soon as 2020
- Remote Control Your Dog with a Haptic Vest
- Delhi Rolls Out a Massive Network of Surveillance Cameras
- Ossia’s Wireless Charging Tech Could Be Available By Next Year
News: The CE Magazine has recently been named the winner in the Regional 2016 STC Technical Communication Awards -Award of Excellence!
The CE magazine is indexed in Clarivate Analytics (formerly IP Science of Thomson Reuters). The current impact factor of CE magazine is 3.273.
IEEE Consumer Electronics Society Board of Governors Call for Nominations 2021 - Reminder
Candidate nominations are now being accepted for the 2021 IEEE Consumer Electronics Society annual elections ballot for the Board of Governors (BOG) positions to serve as Members at Large for a three year term, starting January 1, 2021. The 2020 election process runs from April until September. A detailed timeline, as specified by the IEEE CE Society Bylaws, is as follows:
- By April 30th – Nominations Committee shall call for nominations from the CE Society membership in a Society-wide printed publication and an email (or e-Newsletter). The announcement will also include the procedure for submission of nominations by petition.
- 1st June – Deadline for nomination submissions.
- By 3rd June – Nominations Committee Chair informs candidates who did not make the slate, providing information on the Petition process and deadline.
- 15th June– Deadline to initiate Nominations by Petition requests.
- 1st July – Petitioning period closed.
- 2nd July – Nominations Committee to provide names and biographical sketches to TAB for preparation and mailing and tallying of ballots. Names of nominations and any petition candidates should be supplied, consistent with the TAB Operations Manual Section 4.2.5.
- 30th July – Election begins.
- 3rd Sept – Election ends.
- 10th Sept – Results sent out